I had this crazy idea that checking-in on reading challenges once a month may help me finish challenges. My tendency is to start out gung-ho and then lose stem and forget about challenges until November; then I panic.
Let’s take a look at what’s in progress:
- Classics Club Spin: I’ll be reading Iris Murdoch’s The Black Prince and I have until August 1st to read that one.
- Virago Project: On hiatus until I feel less stabby towards Willa Cather.
- #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks: I’ve read 29 books so far. 15 borrowed (from the library or friends) and 14 from my stacks. I consider this a success. I’m looking for 50/50 split between books from my stacks and library books.
- Graphic Novels and Manga Challenge: I’ve read seven graphic novels and my goal was to complete 12. More than halfway there!
- Back to the Classics Challenge: I’ve only read in two of the 12 categories. I’m behind! Time to pick up some classics and get my butt in gear.
- Victorian Bingo Challenge: ZERO squares completed. I have not read a single Victorian this year. Who am I?
- 20 Books of Summer: I’m in the middle of my first two books. Progress!
I had three other readalongs/challenges I planned on participating in when I made my original list in January. I’ve pretty much decided those are out. This summer I’ll focus on the above challenges (with the exception of Virago) and then reassess in September. Autumn will bring the Readers Imbibing Peril challenge, Readathon, and NonFiction November. I also hope to do a 20 books of autumn goal. But for now, summer reading.