If I had to pick a theme for May it would be, “End of the School Year Shenanigans with Generous Dollops of Introverting.”
- Atticus had a big month. Kindergarten assessment, a ballet recital, and Pre-K graduation.
- Persy Jane is completely and totally potty-trained!
- Hope said bye Felicia to tenth grade, we spent a lot of time shopping for summer clothes, and I pretty much never see her because she lives at the pool.
- Sam is done with classes until August. He is back to janitorial work and teaching art for the summer.
- I entered the black hole of summer at work. Not in a bad way, rather I feel consumed by projects that need to get done before ILL ramps back up in July. We are really light on students being physically in the building, I get neck deep in projects, and then I emerge eight hours later blinking in the sun.
- I did a pop-up library at a faculty assessment retreat that is officially one of my favorite things I did this year at work.
- I saw Explosions in the Sky with my friend Catherine. The show was amazing, we drank so much (coffee) and we ate really good Pho.
- We went to two picnics and had fun outdoors with the kids.
- I maintained a fairly rigorous writing schedule and devoted a minimum of 10 hours a week to writing and editing poems.
- I read four books; that’s one novel and three poetry collections.
My calendar is less hectic this month, so I’m hoping to spend more time at the pool, get back to yoga practice, read a bit, and take more naps. I guess summer isn’t so bad.