This will be a quick post as I only have 15 minutes left on my lunch break. I have quite a few things bumping around in my head and a fairly large to-do list. My shift ends early today – since I work a longer shift on Sundays – and I thought I’d let the kids do afterschool for an extra day and start knocking out some things I need to do.
- Exercise. I’m sore from doing yoga (but a good, strong muscle soreness). I’m proud to say that at 309 pounds I have finally mastered downward dog with my heels to the ground and my legs straight without collapsing in a sweaty, helpless heap. My first goal is to do the 40 minute yoga for beginners routine on the Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel.
- Check my bills for Friday and see how much money I have to work with for groceries tomorrow.
- Finish reading Margaret Atwood’s Edible Woman so I can start a fresh new book tomorrow.
- Make the kids banana smoothies at dinner tonight. They all wanted smoothies this morning and I didn’t have time. Tonight will be lemongrass tofu and leftover veggie couscous for me and banana smoothies and sandwiches for the kids.
- Go to bed no later than 10pm tonight. Tomorrow is the first day of National Poetry Month. I’m waking at 4:30 and going to the McDonald’s down the street for some writing.
Engage. Make it so.