What I Read:
February was a pretty fantastic reading month for me. I finished seven books:
- The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson (to be reviewed this week)
- Fables #22: Farewell by Bill Willingham
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- Fairest #2: The Hidden Kingdom by Lauren Beukes
- The Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett (slated to be reviewed next week)
A Quick Recap on how I’m progressing on various challenges (keep in mind some books count for several challenges:
- Goodreads Challenge: 9 out of 52 read
- Graphic Novel Challenge: 3 out of 12 read
- Back to the Classics Challenge: 2 out of 12 read
- Virago Project: 9 out of 100 read
- Reading England: 0 out of 3 read
- Victorian Bingo Challenge: 0 out of 5 read
- Woolfalong: 0 out of 3 read
I set a goal to read 24 books from my “already owned” shelf for 2016. I’m pleased that I’ve read six books from my stacks! All the other books I’ve read have been borrowed from friends or the library.
I bought books once, but that is because the library was hosting a poetry reading. I purchased two poetry collections (one from Margot Schilpp and one from Jeff Mock) and had them signed. That doesn’t count, right?
I’m treating myself to book buying for my birthday in late April. How much I spend is determined on how much I read from my shelves and the library and how much I purge. I “earn” $1 from every library book read, $2 for every book on my shelf read, and $1 for every book purged. Thus far I’ve earned: $27 towards my birthday book buying.
March TBR Pile:
Not pictured: My current audiobook The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, another audiobook Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, an ARC poetry collection entitled Lifeboat by Kristine Ong Muslim and A Lost Lady by Willa Cather.
This is an ambitious stack of books. I certainly know I will not read all of them, but this is the pile I will be choosing from. I’m shooting for five to seven books this month.