I think I’ve mentioned before that I adore wrapping gifts and unwrapping them. In fact, even though Sam and I have our money in one pot, I insist that we set a budget and buy each other gifts. It can be giftcards, but it has to come in an package to be unwrapped on Christmas morning.
Our family tradition is to keep Christmas morning going as long as possible. The kids are up early and we open stockings. Then we eat breakfast. Next the gift opening! We start with the youngest and each take turns opening a gift. I hate rabid tearing through piles. Instead I get each child (and adult) to appreciate and relish the joy that comes with a little bit of patience and watching the people you love be surprised and joyful.
I seriously do not care about the monetary value, I just want tiny glad things to open and I want them to be a surprised. In fact, the thing that sucks most about being an adult (besides all that boring responsibility) is not getting a Christmas stocking.
To help Sam out I made a Christmas list. Here you go, hun. Knock yourself out!
- a firm pillow
- a body pillow
- a cozy heated blanket
- PJ pants (flannel, 3x)
- candles (look here for scent ideas)
Eating and Drinking Things
- coffee mugs!
- hot cocoa
- altoids (seriously, I love these)
- pots and pans (ceramic or stainless steel, not Teflon coated)
- glass or ceramic bakeware
- metal measuring cups and spoons
- metal cheese grater
- wooden cutting board
- bamboo crochet hooks and circulars (ask Naomi, she will point you in the right direction)
- Subversive cross stitch kit ( I like the calendar and this one)
- Doodle Stitch transfer pack
- Black Apple paper dolls
- Giftcard to JoAnn
- Burt’s Bees Lipgloss
- lotion (not too frou-frou)
- ModCloth giftcard
Writerly and Bookish Things
- small bookcase
- Sharpie fine tip pens
- stickers, wasabi tape and other journal decor doodads
- thriftbooks or abebooks giftcard
Alright! There we have it. Now if only I managed to be good this year!