What a month! August sped by too quickly, but I am so ready for “autumn.” Temperatures are still hovering close to 90, but there is a crispness in the air first thing in the morning and I’ve seen at least one richly-hued red leaf. Autumn, y’all Let’s recap August:
- Hope started 10th grade, Atticus moved to Pre-K, and Persy Jane is in the 2’s class.
- I read very little, but managed to finish the first to books in Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series and I’m more than halfway through East of Eden.
- I started my respecting myself by dressing nicely quest. Many purchases, but I did stay within budget. Hey, I was even on the Librarian Wardrobe Tumblr!
- I had some highlights. I was elected VP of the Young Democrats chapter, I had dinner with friends, and loads of time with Hope one on one (which I don’t get much).
- There were some low moments too. Health issues and a doctor visit that resulted in a clean bill of health, but only after I was treated like a sea cow. Stress at work. Minor car issues. You, know just responsible adult things everyone hates.
- I worked a yearbook camp as library “security” and made some extra cash. I have the kid’s Christmas money as a result and I can begin budgeting and stashing away gifts.
- I spruced up my blog! Shiny!
- Participated in a kick-ass book blogger swap
- Scored excellent finds at the Bargain Hunt.
Onto September! I have so many plans!
- My RIP pile. Yay!
- The Decatur book festival, spending time with my friend Shannon, and meeting up with Thomas!
- A date day planned that includes a trip to a craft fair
- Purity Ring!
- The Dog Days of Summer Readathon
- Not one, but TWO library book sales
- Creative Collective meetings and a new writing group
- A welcome autumn party with some dear friends
- The return of the Pumpkin Spice latte!
In addition I have SO MANY crochet/knitting projects to finish for all 500 expectant moms I know and I’ll be busting out the autumn baking.
Now if I could just get Atticus through this virus I can attack September with gusto.