I’m participating in a wonderful Facebook book swap amongst several book bloggers. My box to my participant will ship September 1st, but late last week I received my box from Sarah. What a treat! I received two different flavors of chocolate, an adorable and autumnal owl mug, three books (My Antonia by Willa Cather, The Land of Green Ginger by Winifred Holtby, and Plagued by the Nightingale by Kay Boyle), bookish socks, an owl bookmark in my favorite shade of turquoise, and some lovely note cards. I am so spoiled. Thank you, Sarah!
I’m intentionally not looking at my Twitter or the Classics Club blog right now. The spin number will be announced today and I don’t want to sway my book choices. As usual I’m taking these titles from my (lagging) Virago Project.
- Letty Fox: Her Luck by Christina Stead
- For Love Alone by Christina Stead
- Precious Bane by Mary Webb
- The Holiday by Stevie Smith
- Surfacing by Margaret Atwood
- Enormous Changes at the Last Minute by Grace Paley
- Two Serious Ladies by Jane Bowles
- A Pin to See the Peepshow by F. Tennyson Jesse
- The Lacquer Lady by F. Tennyson Jesse
- The Sugar House by Antonia White
- Gone to Earth by Mary Webb
- Over the Frontier by Stevie Smith
- The Beth Book by Sarah Grand
- A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
- My Antonia by Willa Cather
- The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
- The Little Disturbances of Man by Grace Paley
- Mary Olivier: A Life by May Sinclair
- The Life and Death of Harriet Frean by May Sinclair
- Novel on Yellow Paper by Stevie Smith
Let’s see who wins this round!