July was a great month. Here are some highlights:
- July was a month of big decisions. I didn’t get the job in Portland, I opted out of applying for a different position at the university, and I have some renewed focus and energy at work. We didn’t move out of state (obviously), we didn’t move to a rental home in the boondocks, and we’re settled and happy with staying in our apartment. Money was tight, but I managed to pay off a major medical bill and a small credit card.
- Persy Jane had almost an entire week of high fever and no sleep. I was a bit desperate on day three of no sleep, but the cuddles I got more than made up for it.
- We hung out with people we love. Dinner with great friends twice and a birthday party at their house (bonus: Sam got in the bounce house). Coffee with my dear friend Catherine. Plans in the works for several great activities in the fall. Lunch with some of my favorite ladies at work. My knitting knerds kept me laughing.
- Lots of quiet time. I found several patches of quiet for introverting. My new “church” on Sundays is the coffee shop. I get to see friends here and there, but mostly I spend the afternoon writing and reading.
- Reading was great this month. I read Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee, a great parenting book called All Joy and No Fun by Jennifer Senior, devoured the 800 page The Children’s Book by A S Byatt, started the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and read the first book of SAGA by Brian K. Vaughn.
- Knitting: I managed some washcloths, but I need to get my butt in gear and finish them all by the end of August.
- We were so fashionable this July. Atticus got his mohawk, Persy Jane and Hope had a trim, and I had my hair dyed blue and I adore it.
- My absolute favorite part of the month was the week of vacation I took last week! I spent the time with the kids in daycare and I just lazed in my pjs reading and playing candy crush. It was awesome.
- I think my favorite part of vacation was spending lots of time with Hope. We did some cleaning and she was a big help, but we also went out to lunch one day and spent plenty of time binge-watching Vampire Diaries.
August will be a month of new beginnings! Sam starts a new semester and the kids all move up (Hope to 10th, Atticus to PreK, Persy Jane to the 2-year-old room). On to new beginnings!