- Finishing The Secret Rooms tonight. My plan is to squirrel myself away when the kids go to bed and read.
- Dinner. I’m making Thai Spicy Noodles with baked tofu. I love that I get to put stuff on my noodles tonight. Avocado, hot sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, cilantro, and tons of basil.
- Finishing Atticus’s Rainbow blanket. Just a half-skein to go. I would be finishing tonight, but I need to read like a mofo.
- Getting my hair done on Thursday.
- Baking cupcakes this weekend for Persy. We decided to just do a little birthday party with the five of us and I’m making cupcakes for us to enjoy.
- Hanging out with Sam on Saturday night. We’ve decided that when the kids go to bed on Saturday night that’s going to be date night. Even if we don’t go out we are going to abandon homework and art (Sam) and reading and yarn-playing (Me) for time together. We don’t talk about bills or mundane things. It is nice to just sit and have conversations like we used to before we had kids (uninterrupted).
- Shopping for my Bookish Valentine person. I mailed one book straight from a website today and will be sending part two soon. First I must fill my parcel with nerdy goodness!
- Babies. I know three folks about to pop and I am so ready to get some squishy baby cuddles and give some baby gifts.
- Embroidery. I’ve decided to do an embroidery project once the blanket is done. I’m itching to try something new.
- Sitting in the car. Hope is in track. Sam is in college and working odd hours at the Boys and Girls Club. We have one car. I’m spending a fair amount of time sitting in the car and waiting for folks to be done. It kinds of rocks. I am able to fit in so much more reading time. In fact, I’m about to head to track practice and read for a bit. #winning.
What are you looking forward to in the near future?