Heavens to Betsy, it is after 10am and I’ve been intending on blogging all morning. I’m on my third cup of coffee, so I suppose I am finally caffeinated enough to write something. First a brief word on this year’s reading. I’m three books away from meeting my goal of 40 books in 2014. My original goal was to read 50 books, but then I decided to be realistic. This has been my year of chunksters equally a high page count despite the low “book” numbers. Whatev. I plan on finishing The Luminaries and then reading a short Christmas novella and a short non-fiction book. Boom. Done. Now onto 2015.
I’ve considered signing up for some reading challenges and there are some fantastic ones out there, but I will have to pass. I’m going to do Adam’s TBR challenge, but that book list is coming straight from my Virago Project list. Instead I’m going to focus on readalongs, monthly events, and other short-term “challenges.”
And now for my 2015 TBR List!
- The Semi-Attached Couple and the Semi-Detached House by Emily Eden (DONE 01/15/15)
- Frost in May by Antonia White (DONE 02/24/15)
- Mr. Fortune’s Maggot by Sylvia Townsend Warner (DONE 04/06/15)
- The True Heart by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Letty Fox: Her Luck by Christina Stead
- For Love Alone by Christina Stead
- Precious Bane by Mary Webb
- The Holiday by Stevie Smith
- Surfacing by Margaret Atwood
- Enormous Changes at the Last Minute by Grace Paley
- Two Serious Ladies by Jane Bowles
- A Pin to See the Peepshow by F. Tennyson Jesse
- (alternate) The Lacquer Lady by F. Tennyson Jesse
- (alternate) Gone to Earth by Mary Webb
I am excited about the 2015 reading year!