You see the carpet above? This place had been puked on twice on a 24-hour period and it still looks spotless. There was even spaghetti on this carpet and now it is totally clean. I thought I’d share my steps.
1. Carefully pick up the chunks with a paper towel.
2. Get 1 cup of warm water and mix in a teaspoon of salt
3. Pour the water (a little here and there, don’t flood the place) on to the pukey splatters
4. Carefully blot with a paper towel. DO NOT SCRUB
5. Spray with area (douse it well) with a Dawn vinegar solution. We put one part dawn, 1 part white vinegar, and 1 part water in a spray bottle and shake it up.
6. Generously sprinkle baking soda onto the area and place a clean towel on top. Press the towel down and allow to sit for several hours.
7. Remove towel and vacuum up baking soda. Make sure the carpet area is dry before vacuuming.
8. Spray the newly cleaned area with Lysol.
Now… if we could just get the little one to quit puking.