1) I finished The Game of Thrones this past week. It was so good!!! After I finished I vowed to take a break from epic fantasy for a few weeks. I picked up a classic, Charlotte Bronte’s The Professor, and I was worried I’d have issues getting into the book as there are no dragons, swords, or gnarly deaths. I shouldn’t have worried! I’m really enjoying The Professor and it is certainly making me long to re-read Villette and Jane Eyre.
2) Book Sale! I picked up a lovely stack of books for less than $6. I brought home Barnaby Rudge and Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens, Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, The Claverings by Anthony Trollope, The Edge of Sadness by Edwin O’Connor, Poor Miss Finch by Wilkie Collins, and The Son Advenger by Sigrid Undset. Score!
3) Chocolate eclairs. They were delicious.
4) Sam is done with classes… until Monday. It isn’t much of a break, but I”ll take that 48-hours of Sam free of study and homework. Right now he is taking the kids to the spray ground so I can have some time to read and blog. He’s a peach.
5) Yesterday I went to Mom’s house to spend time with my sister, Becky, and my adorable niece, Evie Rose. I haven’t seen Becky and Evie since December of 2012 (when I was pregnant with Persy). Evie and Atticus played well together and even took turns riding the big wheel with no tantrums. They are only 4 months apart and I’m so glad they play well together. Becky had a grand time with Persy, although Becky has raging baby fever now. It was a wonderful day. We’re hoping that Becky’s husband, Jon, will get a law enforcement job in the North GA area so they can relocate. Becky is too far away in South GA!!!
It was a good week.