I think I’ve finally figured out how to battle the Pinterest beast. You know, the beast that makes you feel like a complete failure because you spent the month working and breastfeeding and watching Daily Show reruns and not hand-dying yarn, decoupaging your ceiling, and making homemade pasta every night of the week.
First I look at all of my pin board categories and pull a few things from each one onto a “themed” board. For example I pulled some recipes, crafts, and cleaning projects from my various boards and then pinned them onto my Autumn Bucket List board.
The second must important thing I do is that I make sure everything on there isn’t a ginormous project. Cookie recipes, knitted blankets, and home decor projects are there, but I’ve also expanded to include books, movies, cleaning my oven, taking a trip to a pumpkin farm, and even moving my toddler to a “big boy” bed (that in itself is probably a huge project).
I find I get things done and feel rather accomplished. Yes, Pinterest can stress me out… I’m one of those list/organization/getting-shit-done fiends.
For this round I’m going to be bold and venture into the Pin Obsessed category of 8+ pins. Here’s an idea of some of the things I’ll be doing. I haven’t linked to each pin, but please check out my Autumn Bucket List board and send me some suggestions!
- Reading: The Victorian Chaise-Longue, The Asylum, and The Historian and participating in an abbreviated way in the 24-hour readathon.
- write a letter to one friend
- vegan cocoa mix
- a trip to Burt’s pumpkin farm
- pumpkin snickerdoodle coffee cake
- Atticus’s 3rd birthday party
- crockpot apple butter
- hang stuff up properly on the living room wall
- honey wheat oatmeal bread
- listerine foot trick (I’m skeptical)
- kale and veggie autumn soup
- elbow patches on a cardigan
- baked apples
- autumn root vegetable stew
- new Arcade Fire album (get it and listen!)
- finish season 1 of Ripper Street
- chai spiced snickerdoodles
- butternut bliss fall salad
- autumn vegan salad
- carrot cake cookies
- pumpkin apple muffins
- finish Walking Dead season 3
- Night of the Living Dead riff trax date with Sam
- finish Persy’s blanket
- Atticus’s Halloween costume
I know it seems like a lot, but I’m incorporating a lot of the recipes into my meal plans; the blanket and TV watching is already underway; album is pre-ordered, and dates/trips/parties are scheduled.
Let’s do this!