Once again the Classics Club is doing a “spin” (read more about it here). I love the Classics spin. It satisfies my OCD list-making desires AND forces me to read a bit more spontaneously.
I’ve decided to theme my lists a bit and this go I’ve chosen a gothic-ghostie-creepy reading list.
Without further ado:
- Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- Dracula’s Guest: A Connoisseur’s Collection of Victorian Vampire Stories
- Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy
- The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
- East Lynne by Mrs. Henry Wood
- Gaskell’s Gothic Tales
- The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins
- The House by the Churchyard by J. Sheridan LeFanu
- The Italian by Ann Radcliffe
- King Solomon’s Mines by H. Rider Haggard
- Lilith by George MacDonald
- Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Monk by Matthew Lewis
- Melmoth the Wanderer by Charles Maturin
- No Name by Wilkie Collins
- Oxford Book of Gothic Tales
- Red House Mystery by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Thing on the Doorstep by H P Lovecraft
- Uneasy Freehold by Dorothy Macardle
- The Victorian Chaise-longue by Marghanita Laski
I cannot wait! I’ll find out which book I’m reading when a number is chosen on Monday, the 19th!