Let me say that again…. I LIKE TO EXERCISE.
I didn’t realize that I have a new found fondness for being sore and sweaty until last week. I managed 2 or 3 quick 20 minute walks, but I couldn’t do any exercising. Atticus was so sick all week and my time was spent cuddling my little man and reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear 10 million times. While I enjoyed my extra snuggles, I was not a fan of the no sleeping and being cooped up in the house. I was anxious, had trouble sleeping when I did get a chance to snooze and I had an overwhelming sense of moving as if I was in a vat of molasses. Until I went for a walk. I walked fast and soon found my pep back.
This has made me realize how important exercise is to my health. Yes, it helps with weight loss, but it does so much more. Here are some reasons why I’m digging the exercise and then I’ll fill you in on my exercise routine:
- I sleep better at night
- I can eat more calories
- I can redeem my food screw-ups; instead of being bummed I blew my calories I can do damage control by exercising.
- It is a really neat feeling to feel muscles underneath all the squishy. One day there will be less squishy and more muscle.
- I’m energetic
- I want more water and therefore drink more water.
I’ve gotten myself down to a pretty good routine in two weekly cycles:
- Monday: 30 Day Shred / 20 minute walk
- Tuesday: Belly Dance Slim Down
- Wednesday: 30 Day Shred / 20 minute walk
- Thursday: Belly Dance Slim Down
- Friday: 30 Day Shred / 20 minute walk
- Monday: Belly Dance Slim Down
- Tuesday: 30 Day Shred / 20 minute walk
- Wednesday: Belly Dance Arms and Abs and Belly Dance Hips, Buns, Thighs
- Thursday: 30 Day Shred / 20 minute walk
- Friday: Belly Dance Slim Down
I don’t do “typical” exercise on the weekend. I play in the yard with the kids, clean the house, go for walks, and garden. My weekends are typically filled with family and we try being as active as possible with the kiddos.
So far this is working for me and I’ll probably keep this routine through April. In May I’m looking at changing to Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, doing different cardio, and learning how to roller skate (I was never good at it as a child).
Let me know if you have any exercising favorites and I’ll try to check them out!