I’ve been ill all weekend, some sort of upper-respiratory funk, and I’m ashamed to say that this will be a post not very rich in content. I did want to put up SOMETHING so that all you folks who are on the ball will have a place to post links. By the way, I hope to visit more of your posts this week.
I have had much adventuring with Charles this week:
- I’m deeper into Our Mutual Friend and it is getting so good!
- I finished watching David Copperfield with Hope. She liked it and has asked if we can watch Our Mutual Friend. Funnily enough, she calls it Our Material Friend which could be applied to several of the characters in the book.
- I’ve been working on a Charles Dickens display at the library. One display case is all about the novels. The other display case is filled with items from our Rare Books Gallery. As soon as it is done I promise to share pictures!
- Sam gave me the best anniversary gift, Charles Dickens: A Life by Claire Tomalin. I cannot wait to dig in once I’ve finished Our Mutual Friend.
- While researching and pulling books for the library display, I came across Dickens’ Fur Coat and Charlotte’s Unanswered Letters: The Rows and Romances of England’s Great Victorian Novelists by Daniel Pool. I’ve added it to my ever-growing TBR pile!
Alright folks, that’s it for me this week. I promise to write more thoroughly next week! Hit me up with your links on Charles Dickens in the comments section.