Periodically I like to reread my old journals and flip thorough my previous blog posts. I noticed that back many moons ago (before Sam and I were even dating) I would do a little “things I learned this week post.” I didn’t keep it up for very long but here is one and here is another. I thought I might kick it old school and resurrect this little meme.
- I learned that one of the most awful disappointments in the world is finding out that someone you considered a close friend is actually an extreme douche-bag and has treated two quite likable ladies awfully.
- I learned that one of the most difficult things in the world is to work with friends, because sometimes friends don’t always stay your friends.
- I’ve learned that Hope thinks I’m boring, our house is boring, and she doesn’t want to have friends over because I’m lame.
- I’ve learned the nail on the coffin of coolness in a daughter’s eyes is when you say “but I have craft supplies!” after she tells you you aren’t cool.
- I’ve learned that I’ve reached my stressed-out max because I now have a cold sore on my mouth. Great.
- I’ve learned that I can finish all of my Christmas shopping on a Saturday morning with a whining toddler in the space of an hour.
- I’ve learned that the best cure for a stressful week involves a pedicure and a historical novel.
Alright. This post is utterly meaningless. I think I’ll go ahead and press publish anyways.