It is time for my favorite reading challenge of the year, Carl’s R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge! I’ll be participating in Peril the First (reading at least 4 spooky or mysterious books, but striving for 7) and the short story, screen, and Fragile Things read-along.
Here’s my pool of potential reads. What should I start with first?
- At Bertram’s Hotel by Agatha Christie
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
- The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox
- The Alienist by Caleb Carr
- The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
- The Haunted Doll’s House by M R James
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The Bad Seed by William March
- Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill (re-read)
Hooray for deliciously creepy, autumnal books!