I’m not quite ready to post my wrap-up for my 2010 reading year, I’m still determined to finish North and South before midnight on January 1st! I have been spending a great deal of time thinking about 2011.
This post will be in list format because I adore lists.
- Read a minimum of 75 books or 20,000 pages
- Participate in the April and October Readathons
- Participate in 3 other book blogging events (for example, I’m eager to participate in the Virago reading week and the Persephone reading weekend.)
- Do 5 readalongs. They can be blog readalongs or GoodReads readalongs. I’m signing up for several readalongs hosted by Allie at A Literary Odyssey
- Complete 3 reads for the Classics Circuit and POST ON TIME!
- Complete all the reading challenges I’ve signed up to do.
- Only do 12 challenges at a time. I have to finish a challenge to signup for another.
I’m still making my lists for these challenges, so check back soon!
- Local Library Challenge — Check out and read 30 library books
- Off the Shelf Challenge — Read 30 books off my shelves
- Chunkster Challenge — Read 8 chunksters or 3 tomes
- To Be Read Challenge — 12 books from my TBR pile
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics Challenge — Senior Level
- Vintage Mystery Challenge — Read 4-6 Vintage Mysteries
- Man Booker Challenge — A Booker’s Dozen, read 12 of the winning, short-listed, or long-listed titles.
- What’s in a Name Challenge — List coming soon!
- First in a Series Challenge — Read 3 books that are the first in any series
- Seconds Challenge — Read 12 books that are the second in a series or the second time I’ve read the author.
- Chivalrous Deeds Historical Challenge — Read 7 historical fiction books
- Dystopia Challenge — Read 5 Dystopian novels
Tomorrow I plan on posting my lists for the various challenges. I need to read read read because there are so many other challenges I want to join. Wish me luck!
I think that is it for my more concrete reading goals. I also want to try to blog more reviews and do general reading updates. A strict blog schedule isn’t for me, but I’ll try to be more devoted to maintaining the bookishness of this blog.