I restrained myself and only checked out 5 library books as I have several library books at home. I felt that given the stress of moving, unpacking, and de-fleaing our house I deserved a library trip.
- The Devil and Sherlock Holmes by David Grann: True crime oddities by an author at The New Yorker sounds like the perfect lunch reading at work
- Mad World: Evelyn Waugh and the Secrets of Brideshead by Paula Byrne: I loved Brideshead Revisited and am eager to learn more about Waugh
- God’s Secret Agents: Queen Elizabeth’s Forbidden Priests and the Hatching of the Gunpowder Plot by Alice Hogge: Since Atticus has a November 5th due date, I thought reading up on the gunpowder plot would be a fabulous idea
- The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue: I’ve checked this book out 3 times. Honest to blog I’m going to actually read it this time.
- The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble: I’ve never read a Drabble novel; I feel like now is the time to remedy this.